Skocz do zawartości
MichaelDike

Recording a Full Band....hardware issues

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

HI,

Any help on this would be much appreciated. I've been recording for a little while and have admittedly developed lots of bad habits...the first is doing it my way and not knowing all of the fundamentals before starting ambitious projects. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. I've been recording my full band at rehearsals and shows and a major problem has come up with some degree of regularity: disc too slow to record. I feel like I've got the hardware, but can't get it all to play nice. Setup: MacBook (logic9) 2.2GHz Core 2, 4GB RAM. Saffire Pro 40+OctopreMKII. I use the MacBook's internal hard drive....and I've run into even more problems when I use my external firewire drive. I record 16 tracks simultaneously. All I want to do is record tracks...no playback, so latency is not a concern. Are there any "bare-bones" speed settings that can aid to my CPU usage? Should I be doing this in garageband and sending the audio over to logic for mix-down.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57853

Company Promotional Example

Thank you.

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta

Hi Michael,

I am not sure, if this is the best website, you could ask and get answer for the question?

Well, to be honest, I have been wondering why you asked your question on Polish Drummers Forum...

Are you going to advertise your own sites? Please don't get me wrong (maybe I am extremely suspicious), but I suppose there is a number of English sites / forums about recording drums / other musical instruments, you could get advices and step by step instructions on how to do it.

PS. you might notice, this forum is barely alive ;) only few users post their messages here. and they do it occassionaly...

Have a good day.

Regards,

Jacek

Udostępnij tego posta

Odnośnik do posta